Invoice Management Walkthrough Guide -
Actioning out a Rejected Bill Request
Vendors can speed up the resolution of rejected invoices (rejected bills) to avoid delays in payment.
Rejected Bills will appear when the invoices sent by your team don't match the amounts we have in the system for that Invoice.
Go to Invoice Management and click on the arrow to bring up Rejected Bills.
This will bring up the list of rejected bills with different reasons:
The different column headers:
- Bill ID: Internally created Cymax number
- Order ID – Cymax PO #
- Bill Date – Invoice date
- Reference Number – Vendor Invoice Number
- Product Cost – Product cost submitted
- Total Cost – Net amount to be paid (all discounts/charges)
- Reason – Reason for the rejected bill
Click on the bill ID to get started.
There are different types of reasons for a Rejected Bills:
The amount billed is higher than the purchase order cost. This is usually due to either price increases or promotions, there is an effective date for price increase and promotions, and if the order was booked before that time, then the older price would have been used. The invoice should reflect that cost no matter when the invoice is issued.
The order has received more than 1 bill. Sometimes the bill is submitted when there is an incorrect PO # and belongs to another order or it is a billing issue. The system will show the 2 bills on that order.
Our system is set to review the product cost with all deductions and additions to get to the total. If any portion is missing or incorrect in our system, it will reject. We try and fix all we can, but the originating file needs to be corrected.
The most common occurrence is when the DFI (rebate) is not reflected in the file.
If the order is canceled, we should not be billed. If the cancellation was not responded to in the portal, we will auto accept the cancellation. There is the rare occasion where a credit memo is put on the account, yet the bill has not been paid. This would be an example of when to dispute that information.
Missing/Overbilled/Underbilled with DFI
DFI stands for: deduct from invoice and is related to your Rebate %
Our system is rejecting bills if the DFI is not correct. This can be for many reasons:
- IDFI not deducted at all. The submission file needs to be updated to reflect the correct DFI amount.
- DFI is underbilled - the submission file does not have the correct amount or sometimes this is a system issue on our side and our team is reviewing it.
- DFI is overbilled - The amount being deducted does not match what is in our system or this is a system issue on our side and our team is reviewing it.
- Please contact the Account Manager if your team needs to discuss the SLA
Missing PO number
If the order is submitted with an incorrect Cymax PO # or no PO # was provided, then the bill will be rejected. Please provide the correct PO # through the dispute process.
In the top right-hand corner, there are 2 option buttons, Withdraw or Dispute
WITHDRAW – THIS DOES NOT WITHDRAW THE BILL FROM THE SYSTEM
When you click "withdraw" you are agreeing to the information Cymax has stated e.g.
- Accept Cymax Pricing
- Accept Confirmed Cancelation
- Accept that the invoice is a duplicate
You do not need to leave a comment. This is optional.
DISPUTE – IF DISAGREEING WITH THE CYMAX REJECTED BILL
Examples of what can be written here:
- Order not shipped during the promo period
- Price increase effective 06/05/2021
- Order was NOT canceled
- Any other information or inquiry about this rejected bill
We also monitor rejected bills each day and will reach out via email for assistance in clearing and payment these outstanding invoices.
If your team has any questions about how to action out a Rejected bill, please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your question is related to the bill itself, please reach out to APinquiry@cymax.com