Order Management Walkthrough Guide -
Actioning out a Replacement (Accept/Decline)
Clicking on Order Management > Return & Replacements > Replacements
Details about the replacement request:
When a replacement request is released to your portal, you will receive an automated email notification that prompts you to log in and respond to the request.
Note: All replacement requests will need to be responded to within 24 -48 hours.
To view the details of the request, click on the Order ID.
The replacement order will have the following information:
Order ID: The order ID is the PO number (ie. VRC121-XXXXXXXX)
Order Date: Is the time stamp of when the replacement request was released
Shipping Information: The customer's full shipping information
Communication History: This is where our agent will add extra notes to the replacement request
- Questionnaire: Question and Answers from the customer on why a replacement form was created
- Actions to either Accept or Decline
To properly assess a replacement request, please review the questions and answers we have provided for you. The Communication History will show a message from a Cymax agent with Further Information in regard to the replacement request:
Actioning out a Replacement Order: For Accepting
When you accept a Replacement order, you are confirming that your company is responsible for the product + shipping cost
- You will be either providing a full unit replacement or a part replacement.
- Hardware Kits, touch-up kits or any small items that are being shipped out by you must be accepted as a "Partial Unit" replacement.
On the secondary drop-down menu just under the "Accept" command, there are two options to choose from for an Accepted replacement request.
- No Charge for Full Unit - You agree to ship out an entire unit at no cost to Cymax. The SKU and Description fields will automatically populate for you.
- Full Unit, the SKU and the Product title are disabled, and your team will need to action out the Disposition Code.
- No Charge for Partial Unit - You agree to ship out a partial unit replacement at no cost to Cymax. This could be hardware or a part. For this option, you will need to populate the SKU and Description fields.
- The partial Unit, the SKU, Product Title, and the Disposition code need to be filled in. The Product title has a requirement of 20-80 Characters.
No Charge for Full Unit:
No Charge for Partial Unit:
Can advise our team/customer on what to do with this item.
- Not Required: No action needed on this item
- Will Collect: Can enter in call tag/pick up tracking so we have visibility when it has been picked up and returned.
- If you do not agree to a no-charge replacement for Cymax, you have several options under the Decline Command. On the Secondary drop-down menu just under the "Decline" command, you may choose the reason why you are unable to provide a replacement.
Require more info. from customer:
- There will be situations where you will need further information to complete a replacement request.
- Your team can hit decline and ask your questions here. Our agents will review it and get back to you.
Note: A request should only be declined for the following reasons:
- The item is discontinued, and a replacement is no longer available.
- You do not have the necessary part(s) available to correct the issue e.g., no extra parts on hand or the item does not consist of smaller replaceable components.
- We have the damage or defect allowance in place with your company and the problem cannot be resolved with parts or touch-up paint.
- Other: if you believe that the requested replacement was due to transit damage or another issue where you believe that a no-charge replacement is not due. You will be requested to provide the reason under a Comment text box.
Once you have completed the request details, you can select Submit and your response will be sent to our system. This button is located on the top right of each replacement order.
Completion of the Replacement Request:
Once a replacement request has been successfully submitted, you will receive a pop-up message confirming that the replacement has been processed. If your team had accepted a replacement, a confirmation pop up will appear on the top right corner that the replacement details are updated.
Once you have accepted at Partial or Full unit, The new replacement order will be in the orders page for your team to action out the new replacement order.
When a New Replacement order is created, it will be in the Orders page.
To see how to action out a replacement in orders page, please see link: Order Management Walkthrough Guide - How to Action Partial/Full Replacement Order in Orders Page – Channel Gate (zendesk.com)
For EDI Vendors:
Full replacements created by Cymax team are sent via EDI 850. It will be like a new Cymax PO # and tracking is added as well if your team has EDI 856.
Partial Replacement orders are never sent through EDI and your team will need to manually add in tracking.
If your team has any questions, please reach out to your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Article is closed for comments.