DIFFERENT WAYS OF ADDING PRODUCT IMAGES
We have different ways on Adding Product Images:
1. Through Channel Gate's UI
2. Through a FTP drop folder
3. Adding URL's to the Excel Template sheet.
ON THE CHANNEL GATE UI
In Channel Gate, you have the ability to mark primary white background images from the portal interface while adding or updating your products.
Marketplace requires a Primary White background image, having this ability to assign the correct image will help push your products to marketplaces faster.
THROUGH FTP FOLDER
Here is how you can access and add images through the FTP Folder.
1. Open up File Explorer Window (access by opening any folder)
2. On the window's address bar, enter the FTP address: ftp://partners.cymax.com
- You should eventually get a window pop up which prompts for your login credentials.
- Enter your credentials in.
3. You should be able to access our FTP like any regular windows folder.
*Drag and drop Images into respectable FTP folder*
- 2 FTP Folders required and named:
- PWB Main
4. Download Filezilla (a Preferred FTP Client Platform) which is free and access our FTP server via that application.
5. Download WinSCP executable which is also free and access our FTP server via that application.
The easiest and the most convenient method will be to use Windows Explorer, and drag/drop images there.
Image File Naming Required
Cymax required very specific file names for each image.
They are as followed:
.Main Images – the file name must be the SKU of the product: SKU.jpg. If the SKU of a product is “abc123”, then the file name of the Main image must be “abc123.jpg”.
.Extra Images – the file name must be the SKU followed by a dash and followed by a number from 1 to 7 where the number is the number of Extra images: SKU-1.jpg, SKU2.jpg, SKU-3.jpg…SKU-7.jpg.
If you only have 2 Extra images and the SKU of the product is “C-1337-1”,
then the file names must be “C-1337-1-1.jpg” and “C-1337-1-2.jpg”.
Please make sure the first (main) image is White Background.
The first Extra Image should be Lifestyle.
After images are prepared, log in to the FTP and copy files across with names as described above.
IMAGE URL'S THROUGH EXCEL
When you're adding products on the excel sheet, you'll notice that the last few columns have fields to add images.
This is where you'll be included the individual image URLs for each SKU.
Dropbox with 2 Separate Folders (PWB Main and Extras)
- Primary White Background Images - Mandatory requirement for going Live
- Extras/Lifestyle Images - Optional and there is no limit
- Acceptable Image Size above 1000x1000 pixels in JPG format
If you wish to add more images you may insert a new column and duplicate the heading "Extra Images" and proceed to add more image links.
This will be in the initial stage when you're adding new products.
See below on how to add extra images through the excel template.
ADDING EXTRA IMAGES
You can add extra images by using the excel file.
When you export products, the export file will have a column called "Extra Images" where you'll be able to add extra images. More images can be included by inserting a new column and duplicating the heading. Then head back to your portal and proceed to upload the file template to your catalog.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org